Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com> on 2013/06/13 19:10:06 UTC

Regarding ssvm-check script

Hi All,
While fixing an issue ( https://reviews.apache.org/r/11862/ )in ssvm-check script I figured out some issues.

1.There are two ssvm_check scripts(duplicates).

./services/console-proxy/server/scripts/ssvm-check.sh
./services/secondary-storage/scripts/ssvm-check.sh

When building the code, these scripts will go to systemvm.zip, systemvm.zip will be packaged into systemvm.iso.

systemvm-descriptor.xml will define what all the scripts should package.
As per the descriptor xml,  the ssvm-check script under console-proxy is getting into systemvm.zip.

I had verified the ssvm-check script with the fix under console-proxy. The systemvm.zip is getting update properly and making into systemvm.iso.
And ssvm is getting the right script now.

Changes made in script under ./services/secondary-storage/scripts/ssvm-check.sh is not getting into systemvm.iso

I feel the script is redundant and creating confusion.
Can we remove the script in one location?

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

RE: Regarding ssvm-check script

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
I had submitted the patch to the script which is making into systemvm.iso.
If the other script is not used, we can delete it to avoid confusion in future.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
I had fixed the issue and posted the patch for the  review @https://reviews.apache.org/r/11874/

Thanks