Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/08 22:06:44 UTC

Re: Servers to Test

Yes, it's probably possible to check for required jars first in
WEB-INF\lib (although that's the opposite of the default classloader
behavior).  I think the attribute mentioned for doing this was
PARENT_LAST.

However, you will still pick up conflicts from the other jar as it
will load pieces of the JSF RI into your application.

If you search older myfaces-users mailing list archives, you'll find
that the only option is to remove those jars from the classpath.  I
think the jar name mentioned before was ws-jsf.jar, which is extra jsf
"stuff".

Try searching for "ws-jsf.jar" and searching for PARENT_LAST in the
myfaces mailing lists (run both searches separately).

By the way, this is a myfaces-users mailing list question, not a
myfaces-dev question.   I have redirected my response to the users
list.  Please be sure to use myfaces-users for any future comments on
this thread, or questions that concern working on or deploying your
application code.   The Myfaces dev list is for discussing work on the
MyFaces JSF codebase.