Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Sudhir N <su...@yahoo.com> on 2012/05/09 08:33:00 UTC

support Two different logins within an app

Hello,

We have a requirement where we have two different portals within one app, a main app and a sub section within main app.
User can login to either main app, and some user's can login to just sub section. Now if the user has logged into sub section, we don't want them to be considered as logged into whole section,
but if user has logged into main app, they would be considered as logged into sub section... what would be a clean way to implement it ! Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Sudhir

Re: support Two different logins within an app

Posted by jleleu <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

How do you handle the different login possibilities (main webapp, sub
section...) ? With several login pages ?
I think the solution would be to use different roles, depending on the
different login processes (meaning different filters and realms to grant
different roles).
Best regards,
Jérôme