Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at> on 2004/09/20 19:30:41 UTC

Re: [mp2] Report on mp2 accessors in apache_structures.map

Stas Bekman wrote:
> I've compared the latest accessors api with Geoff and Philippe comments
> on Fred's patch and added the following entry to todo/api_status:
>
> * the following accessors might be turned into read/write (they are
>   readonly at the moment). if you think that should be the case,
>   please document the change and hopefully add a new sub-test.
>
>   conn_rec:
>   ---------
>   local_addr
>   remote_addr
>   remote_ip
>   remote_host
>   aborted
>   local_ip
>   local_host

because this came up on the user-mailing list and this breaks
Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07(remote_host => not writeable).
Could the test be added in t/response/TestAPI/conn_rec.pm like e.g. it
is done in t/response/TestAPI/request_rec.pm else could you give me any
pointers.

>   ap_directive_t:
>   ---------------
>   next
>   first_child
>   parent
>   filename
>   line_num

Reclaim Your Inbox!

b e s t s o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH

Re: [mp2] Report on mp2 accessors in apache_structures.map

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Tom Schindl wrote:
> well replying to myself the patches below implements the test and make
> the following accessors in conn_rec writeable:
>
> * remote_ip
> * remote_host
> * aborted
> * local_ip
> * local_host
>
> I didn't know how to write a test for local_addr and remote_addr maybe
> someone could give me a pointer how to create such an APR::SockAddr-Object?

Thanks Tom, but I'm still not convinced, that it's a goodness to expose
those. Let's discuss each one separately.

The tests need some work since they don't restore the value when modifying
the conn_rec struct, which may have bad side-effects. But don't worry
about that for now.

Re: [mp2] Report on mp2 accessors in apache_structures.map

Posted by Tom Schindl <to...@bestsolution.at>.
well replying to myself the patches below implements the test and make
the following accessors in conn_rec writeable:

* remote_ip
* remote_host
* aborted
* local_ip
* local_host

I didn't know how to write a test for local_addr and remote_addr maybe
someone could give me a pointer how to create such an APR::SockAddr-Object?

Tom

Tom Schindl wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> I've compared the latest accessors api with Geoff and Philippe
>> comments on Fred's patch and added the following entry to
>> todo/api_status:
>>
>> * the following accessors might be turned into read/write (they are
>>   readonly at the moment). if you think that should be the case,
>>   please document the change and hopefully add a new sub-test.
>>
>>   conn_rec:
>>   ---------
>>   local_addr
>>   remote_addr
>>   remote_ip
>>   remote_host
>>   aborted
>>   local_ip
>>   local_host
>>

> because this came up on the user-mailing list and this breaks
> Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07(remote_host => not writeable).
> Could the test be added in t/response/TestAPI/conn_rec.pm like e.g. it
> is done in t/response/TestAPI/request_rec.pm else could you give me any
> pointers.
>
>>   ap_directive_t:
>>   ---------------
>>   next
>>   first_child
>>   parent
>>   filename
>>   line_num
>>

> Reclaim Your Inbox!
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird

Reclaim Your Inbox!

b e s t s o l u t i o n . a t                        EDV Systemhaus GmbH
tom schindl        leiter softwareentwicklung   mobile  ++43 664 3145958
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.bestsolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834