Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Michael Keller <mr...@gmx.net> on 2004/05/14 10:18:52 UTC

OT: Is Torque dead?

Hello!

there's nothing going on, so i decided to write this message here in the
mailing list, where lots of people use torque.

For me it seems, that the torque project ist sleeping or really dead...

On the website the last "news" are from 1.10.03 and in the mailing list
nobody answers the questions.

Does anybody know whats going on with this project?

Greets

Michael

P.S.: Can anybody tell me, if inheritance is working in torque-3.1 or
not?

Re: OT: Is Torque dead?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Michael Keller <mr...@gmx.net> writes:

To tell you the truth, I get the creeps with your choice of words.

There is limited work on Torque, but mainly the project seems to be on
hold until someone picks up the work again and continues developing.

	Regards
		Henning

>Hello!

>there's nothing going on, so i decided to write this message here in the
>mailing list, where lots of people use torque.

>For me it seems, that the torque project ist sleeping or really dead...

>On the website the last "news" are from 1.10.03 and in the mailing list
>nobody answers the questions.

>Does anybody know whats going on with this project?

>Greets

>Michael

>P.S.: Can anybody tell me, if inheritance is working in torque-3.1 or
>not?

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                                    Open Source Software Development"

Re: Is Torque dead?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Claudio Mendoza wrote:

> What is going to happen to Turbine if Torque is going away. What will
> replace this?

Torque is not going away, things are just running a little slow at present.

Turbine has been decoupled from Torque and you can now choose your
persistence engine.  Good support is provided for Torque and Hibernate
and it is possible to add support for further persistence models.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: Is Torque dead?

Posted by Claudio Mendoza <cm...@datossys.com>.
Thank you. I endorse the approach and find it to be refreshing.

RE: Is Torque dead?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Re: Is Torque dead?

Posted by Claudio Mendoza <cm...@datossys.com>.