Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Chandan <ch...@in.bosch.com> on 2016/08/17 11:50:11 UTC

Cellar Clustering in karaf is not working properly

Hello,

I followed the steps mentioned here

https://karaf.apache.org/manual/cellar/latest-4/#_enable_http_balancer

In both the machines i installed cellar and did the tcp/ip configuration by
adding IP of both machines.
they got interconnected.

In first machine,
karaf@node1()> feature:install http
karaf@node1()> feature:install http-whiteboard
karaf@node1()> feature:repo-add cellar 4.0.0
karaf@node1()> feature:install cellar
karaf@node1()> cluster:feature-install default cellar-http-balancer
karaf@node1()> feature:install webconsole
 karaf@node1()>http:list
karaf@node1()> cluster:http-list default

In second machine

karaf@node2()> feature:install http
karaf@node2()> feature:install http-whiteboard
karaf@node2()> feature:repo-add cellar 4.0.0
karaf@node2()> feature:install cellar
karaf@node2()> cluster:http-list default
karaf@node2()> http:list

105 | KarafOsgiManager           | ServletModel-2  | Undeployed  |
/system/console     | [/system/console/*]
107 | InstancePlugin             | ServletModel-7  | Deployed    | /instance
| [/instance/*]
105 | ResourceServlet            | /res            | Deployed    |
/system/console/res | [/system/console/res/*]
104 | GogoPlugin                 | ServletModel-4  | Deployed    | /gogo
| [/gogo/*]
102 | FeaturesPlugin             | ServletModel-12 | Deployed    | /features
| [/features/*]
105 | KarafOsgiManager           | ServletModel-9  | Deployed    |
/system/console     | [/system/console/*]
106 | CellarBalancerProxyServlet | ServletModel-14 | Failed      |
/system/console/res | [/system/console/res/*]
106 | CellarBalancerProxyServlet | ServletModel-15 | Failed      |
/system/console     | [/system/console/*]
106 | CellarBalancerProxyServlet | ServletModel-16 | Deployed    | /cxf
| [/cxf/*]

I stop sync both the clustering.

In first machine, i added cxf features and deployed one web service bundle.
As per the documentation,

if i hit the browser with below url
localhost:8181/system/console, it should open up first machine web console
from second machine

But for me it is opening second machine web console itself.

Re: Cellar Clustering in karaf is not working properly

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
What you are doing is not correct. If you deploy the servlet (here the web console) on all nodes the cellar load balancer doesn't make sense.

The cellar load balancer creates a proxy on nodes where the servlet is not installed and proxy and balance to the nodes where it's installed.

If your case you should have a third node without the servlets installed proxy and balancing to the two others.

Take a look on the use case described on http://blog.nanthrax.net (search for cellar).

Regards
JB