Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Chris Grigor <cg...@irdeto.com> on 2011/07/05 10:44:09 UTC

activemq:web

HI everyone,

I’m new to this list so please go easy!

I’ve been looking through the activemq website for documentation on setting up a web connector for REST. The documentation under the active:web section provides hardly any directions and for a new comer like me I would like to be able to know what they are referring to when they mention connectors, transports etc.

My goal is to be able to use REST in the following way ? please tell me if this is possible.

EXTERNAL SYSTEM -→http post→ activemq using REST -> into a queue

I’m looking to get documentation to set this up, like I said I’m new to activemq so some sort of guide would be helpful, so any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

Re: activemq:web

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

there is more description of the REST API here
http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html

and also it's enabled by default in demo application. So when you start your
broker, go to

http://localhost:8161/demo

and you can find how to send/receive messages using REST

<http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html>
Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net