Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Christine Eckstein <kw...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/12 22:20:41 UTC

Length Restrictions??

Are there length restrictions on how many characters can be
in a JSP to be parsed?  I have a JSP I've made
'Struts-friendly' and I've noticed it wants to keep cutting
the file off after approx. 8000 charcters -- thus it will
stop rendering and start printing the error:

Error 500
An error has occured while processing
request:http://hca320872k/hcari/SearchPatient.jsp
Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet
[JSP 1.1 Processor]: Cannot find message resources under
key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Target Servlet: JSP 1.1 Processor
StackTrace:

(Stack trace proceeds to report and root error
JSPException, Wrapped Error ServletException and Wrapped
Error UncaughtServletException.)

I'd be trying to trace it down to see if there was
something 'Struts-Unfriendly' but after awhile I just
copied bits of code that already worked for awhile so it
would have to use already tested and proven code, and this
is the behavior I'm seeing.  Any ideas???

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Length Restrictions??

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.
Is your page possibly timing out?
I have experienced large pages timing out when trying to compile them.
Although, I have a page that has over 14000 chars, and it compiles.

just a thought,
    Pete