Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net> on 2003/02/16 23:39:52 UTC

[ot] exploring logs with swing gui

hi, team
being tired of exploring logs with less, and tail,
i started adopting CHAINSAW delived with log4j for the
org.apache.log package
you might want to have a look at the snapshots
http://cvs.apache.org/~huber/logswing-1.gif
http://cvs.apache.org/~huber/logswing-2.gif
it's just a quick hack, perhaps someone else
have already some better solutions
any interest?
bernhard

Re: [ot] exploring logs with swing gui

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bernhard Huber wrote:

> hi, team
> being tired of exploring logs with less, and tail, i started adopting
> CHAINSAW delived with log4j for the org.apache.log package you might
> want to have a look at the snapshots
> http://cvs.apache.org/~huber/logswing-1.gif
> http://cvs.apache.org/~huber/logswing-2.gif
> it's just a quick hack, perhaps someone else have already some better
> solutions
> any interest?

So, after years of text-only logs, we may end up with two Swing logging
GUIs : I recently added a bridge to LF5 (a Swing GUI that's in Log4J) to
Avalon's LogKit (see [1]). It's not yet in Cocoon (lack of time), but
since it should be a matter of upgrading logkit and adding a few lines
to logkit.xconf, I'll try to do this ASAP.

Sylvain

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/~sylvain/lf5/lf5-logkit.gif

AW: [ot] exploring logs with swing gui

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi bernhard,

I've also been looking for something like this, but haven't found anything
appropriate. first thought about writing some special LogTarget, but didn't
have the time and motivation then.

I'd definitely be interested in your adoption. among other things I find it
very useful to dynamically change the log levels.