Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Namaiandeh <mn...@healthcit.com> on 2012/12/04 19:39:52 UTC

Unable to process jobs - Status stuck on Initialize

I started up Apache Hadoop version 1.0.4 and tried to submit a job but I noticed when I browse to http://MyServer:50030, the state is listed as "Initializing". How do I change the state to "running" so I can submit jobs to the scheduler?

Mike

RE: Unable to process jobs - Status stuck on Initialize

Posted by Cristian Cira <cm...@tigermail.auburn.edu>.
What does JPS return on your namenode and on one of the datanodes?

Cristian Cira
Graduate Research Assistant
Parallel Architecture and System Laboratory(PASL)
Shelby Center 2105
Auburn University, AL 36849

Is your namenode up and running?  Also, you can try checking the job tracker logs to see if it provides any information.

Regards,
Robert

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Mike,