Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2012/03/01 23:14:07 UTC

[BZ cleanup] Trying to get rid of old and no longer used version items

Hi,

I'm trying to help to cleanup BZ to set all issues with no longer needed
version items (e.g., "_test", "Snake-S, "4.5.2" etc. to 0 issues. Then a
BZ admin can delete these version items to reduce the (terrible) big
choice of versions.

So, sorry for currently spamming the ooo-issues@ ML (again, after Rob's
cleanup).

Marcus

Re: [BZ cleanup] Trying to get rid of old and no longer used version items

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/01/2012 11:26 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to help to cleanup BZ to set all issues with no longer needed
>> version items (e.g., "_test", "Snake-S, "4.5.2" etc. to 0 issues. Then a BZ
>> admin can delete these version items to reduce the (terrible) big choice of
>> versions.
>>

> Bugzilla 4.2 was released just last week. Look at what one of the new
> features is:
>
> "Disabling Old Components, Versions and Milestones
>
> Older components, versions and milestones can now be disabled. Bugs
> already using them are not affected, but these values will no longer
> be available for new bugs."
>
> http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.2/release-notes.html#v42_feat_product
>
> So it might be simpler to wait for an eventual upgrade to 4.2?
>
> -Rob

Ah, interesting. Do we know already when the BZ instances will be updated?

Marcus

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.