Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by RHS Linux User <hn...@ns1.netarx.com> on 2000/02/11 16:15:52 UTC

Re: Help!! A beginner's question

Hi Sean.  I had the same problem and *was* using ICU -- what's more I set
the ICU_DATA environment variable to what it said and it didn't work.  The
real problem is probably that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable isn't set
right.  You'll need to set it to the directory that contains the
libxerces-c1_0.so library.  For me, it's in /usr/local/lib, so:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

HTH

-- Harmon

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
We're sorry about that vague information that panics out for unix platforms
when it doesn't find the library in the specified path. These panics are now
modified in the upcoming version. So, you'll have more sensible messages in
future.

Arundhati

Posted by Sean Han <jh...@servecom.picker.com>.
Hi, Harmon: