Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2013/12/17 23:23:46 UTC

ANNOUNCE: hbase 0.96.1.1rc0 release candidate is available for download.

This is a quick-fix release directly off of the 0.96.1 release.   It can be
downloaded here:

http://people.apache.org/~jmhsieh/hbase-0.96.1.1rc0/

The maven staging repo is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-056/

There is only one jira'ed patch in this release, HBASE-10188 [1].  This
fixes an API incompatibility introduced between 0.96.0 and 0.96.1. Other
changes include updates to CHANGES.txt (to include that jira), and pom.xml
(naming the release 0.96.1.1).

As such, we'll have an abridged testing and voting period.   Please have a
quick look and vote +1/-1 by 12/18/13 23:59 pacific time. If this passes
we'll take down 0.96.1.

Please check the release mechanics -- this is my first attempt at an hbase
release.

Thanks!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10188

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: ANNOUNCE: hbase 0.96.1.1rc0 release candidate is available for download.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. it would have been better to have included at that time the detailed
explanation

Will pay attention next time such situation arises.

Cheers

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: ANNOUNCE: hbase 0.96.1.1rc0 release candidate is available for download.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Vote passes with 5 binding +1's. ( apurtell, eclark, stack, enis, jmhsieh).

Pushing out the release and announcement to user@.

Thanks,
Jon.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Ted.

I'm looked at the history of that code and believe that this race and test
case only causes a perf problem (we may roll extra times) and has been
around since 0.90.5.

I'm +1'ing this for release also.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Jon:

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
The test failure you mentioned has been fixed by HBASE-10142.

Cheers

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
What error(s) did you see ?