Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 22:23:05 UTC

USPS Spam

I am seeing tons of junk getting through claiming to be from the USPS
about a missed delivery package.  Anyone else seeing this?

I am running SpamAssassin 3.3.1 and execute sa-update weekly.

RE: USPS Spam

Posted by Andrew Talbot <an...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to throw in my two cents here - I have spoken to USPS about this
and they said that they never send out these messages unless the client
requests them, and that it should be safe to completely block messages like
this.

The same cannot be said about UPS and FexEx, by the way.

Re: USPS Spam

Posted by "McDonald, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com>.

On Aug 30, 2013, at 3:23 PM, "Matt" <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am seeing tons of junk getting through claiming to be from the USPS
> about a missed delivery package.  Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. I've got some decent rules for killing off the FedEx and RPS variants as well.  I'd rather not publish them as they are trivially easy for the spammers to adapt and work-around.   I'm expecting to see a UPS.com variant soon.

Re: USPS Spam

Posted by Simon Loewenthal <si...@klunky.co.uk>.
Plenty this week. I've just been sending to spamcop, but not a lot else.