Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl> on 2016/05/18 08:58:49 UTC

CMake and CLion

Hi all,

How can I help out with the CMake build of Mesos? This seems to be the
epic related to it https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-898

Are there specific issues I can look at? I run Ubuntu 16.04

Cheers,

Frank

Re: CMake and CLion

Posted by Alex Clemmer <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hey folks. Sorry about getting back to this so late. I've been out of
country for about 2.5 weeks, and we've been trying to make sure all the
Windows patches land in Mesos 1.0.

Just a quick note, the Windows MVP commit brings the CMake build system
much closer to being a viable alternative to autoconf:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/48000 As I type this I see that it has a
nice, round review number, 48000. A nice way to cap off that work.

Just as an aside, it might be useful for me to explain why the CMake
work has historically been incomplete and/or broken. When we started the
CMake work, the impetus was to build a compelling cross-platform build
system that in particular could support Windows. Its progress has
historically been pinned to the Windows work, both because we didn't
want to have to rewrite the build system to accommodate Windows, and
because historically I have done nearly all of the foundational work on
it, which means that development has been limited by my availability.

Looking into the future, as the Windows work has landed, my immediate
priority is equipping the community with the tools it needs to keep
the CMake (and CMake-on-Windows) builds stable -- integration with CI,
and so on.

__
Transcribed by my voice-enabled refrigerator, please pardon chilly messages.

Re: CMake and CLion

Posted by Frank Scholten <fr...@frankscholten.nl>.
Cool, building it as we speak.

Re: CMake and CLion