Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Ir...@Sycron-IT.com on 2002/12/16 14:23:16 UTC

adding xalan & xerces.jar to classpath (sequence problem)

Hi,

I have added the xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and the xerces.jar to my classpath.

When I run my application I have the following error:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be found

However when I add my xerces.jar as first to my classpath and then xalan.jar
there's no problem at all.  Everything works fine.

I don't find it normal that I have problems depending on the sequence of
adding my jar's.  Does someone know what the reason is of my problem and has
any solution?
My classpath is builded dynamically so I can't depend on the sequence!

Thanx

Re: adding xalan & xerces.jar to classpath (sequence problem)

Posted by Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Ch...@itcqis.com>.
Hello,

Am Montag, 16. Dezember 2002 14:23 schrieb IrisAL@Sycron-IT.com:
> Hi,
>
> I have added the xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and the xerces.jar to my
> classpath.
>
> When I run my application I have the following error:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
> javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for
> javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be found
>
> However when I add my xerces.jar as first to my classpath and then
> xalan.jar there's no problem at all.  Everything works fine.
>
> I don't find it normal that I have problems depending on the sequence of
> adding my jar's.  Does someone know what the reason is of my problem and
> has any solution?
> My classpath is builded dynamically so I can't depend on the sequence!
please provide more information:
what Java Version do you use?
Have you already read the FAQ?

Are you sure you wanted to add Xerces and Xalan to the classpath instead of
the endorsed directory?

Bye
--
ITCQIS GmbH