Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Eiche, Andrew [USA]" <ei...@bah.com> on 2011/02/27 19:55:07 UTC

Scaling content within a scrollpane

Hi,

I am part of a team developing 2 applications that use Pivot. So far we have loved using the libraries.

In looking over this mailing list I've noticed that others have asked about scaling content. The general consensus seems to be using only a ScaleDecorator will not translate mouse clicks correctly (I have also experimented with this method), but it would not be too difficult to create something that would scale content and translate mouse position.

I am wondering, how would I go about scaling content within a scrollpane while increasing or decreasing the scroll bars, and properly translating mouseclicks?

Thanks for the help,

-Andrew Eiche
Software Engineer
Booz Allen Hamilton

Re: Scaling content within a scrollpane

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
This question just came up last week. Pivot doesn't currently support a ScalePane component - however, it should be possible to create one. Doing so would involve the typical component creation steps (specifically, defining the ScalePane and ScalePaneSkin classes). Like ScrollPaneSkin, ScalePaneSkin   would most likely need to do its own scroll bar management.