Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/12/20 05:57:08 UTC

SOAP message Schema validation (Was Re: [ANN]JAX-WS RI 2.1.3 Released)

On the GlassFish Metro users' list, Vivek Pandey wrote:
> JAX-WS RI team is happy to announce the release of JAX-WS RI 2.1.3
>  [1]. This release has some interesting new features and lots of bug
> fixes. The features in this release are:

>  * Authentication support in wsimport
>  * Additional header support
>  * Large and Streaming attachment support
>  * XML Schema validation support for SOAP message

Team, the above issue is also coming up at my work.  Does CXF have an
XML schema validation option for SOAP messages (either client-side
before sending or server-side upon receiving), or do users need to
manually code such an option, perhaps using JAX-WS handlers or CXF
interceptors for this?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: SOAP message Schema validation (Was Re: [ANN]JAX-WS RI 2.1.3 Released)

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
Yes . CXF has this option to do schema validation:

    <jaxws:client name="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}SoapPort"
        createdFromAPI="true">
        <jaxws:properties>
            <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
        </jaxws:properties>
    </jaxws:client>

    <jaxws:endpoint name="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}SoapPort"
        wsdlLocation="wsdl/hello_world.wsdl"
        createdFromAPI="true">
        <jaxws:properties>
            <entry key="schema-validation-enabled" value="true" />
        </jaxws:properties>
    </jaxws:endpoint>

The wsdl first sample  is intended for demonstrating both client and
server schema validation.

Cheers

Jim