Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2012/05/10 22:23:05 UTC

G1 Garbage Collector enabled for Java 7 builds

Hi,

I enabled the G1 Garbage Collector for the Java 7 Builds (TEST_JVM_FLAGS).
If something goes wrong, we have another Java 7 bug... :-) It is not yet
enabled by default in Java 7 (and not in u4, too - Jenkins runs u3), but it
might be in the future, so we should test this. Maybe we have a random
Garbage collector selector for our builds, I am thinking about that.
Currently it's passed as a env var by the Jenkins config.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Re: G1 Garbage Collector enabled for Java 7 builds

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
+1. I expect lots of bugs to appear soon... I tried G1 at some point
in the past and just couldn't get it to work reliably (it was a longer
while ago though).

Dawid