Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 12:09:00 UTC

Where are map and reduce functions from the Gridmix2 examples

Hi,

1 - I'm looking for the map and reduce functions of the several
examples of the Gridmix2 platform (Webdatasort, Webdatascan,
Monsterquery, javasort and combiner) and I can't find it? Where can I
find these functions?

2 - Does anyone know what the Webdatasort, Webdatascan, Monsterquery,
javasort and combiner examples from the Gridmix2 does?

Thanks,

RE: Where are map and reduce functions from the Gridmix2 examples

Posted by st...@emc.com.
I was just reading the gridmix2 code, happy to find that I can answer this question:
For javasort, I see these two lines of code:
					jobConf.setMapperClass(IdentityMapper.class);
					jobConf.setReducerClass(IdentityReducer.class);
for Monsterquery, webdatascan, webdatasort:
	job.setMapperClass(SampleMapper.class);
    job.setReducerClass(SampleReducer.class);
For combiner,
	conf.setMapperClass(MapClass.class);
    conf.setCombinerClass(Reduce.class);
    conf.setReducerClass(Reduce.class);