Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by gstjio <gs...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/09 18:28:43 UTC

Axis protocol mixed up

We have a product that uses Axis 1.4 (not Axis2 yet). This product uses Axis
generated client stubs to make WebService calls to multiple URLs, some are
using http, some are using https.

We found that the protocols and the URLs are getting mixed up. For example,
we are sending WebService requests to http://url1 and https://url2. Under
enough load, we started seeing calls being made to http://url2 and
https://url1. The WebService server side is our customer's application
(multiple applications). Our customer was not happy that we were sending
them requests on the wrong protocol. They are very strict, especially the
one that was to receive https requests, but was getting them via http.

We had put extra debugging statement at the org.apache.axis.client.Call. The
protocol and the URL pair was always correct at that level. But down at the
org.apache.axis.components.net.SocketFactoryFactory the protocol and the URL
pair was wrong sometimes. This happens only under load.

This makes us suspicious of some threading issue somewhere in Axis. Has
anyone encountered such issues before ? Any hints or suggestions ?

Upgrading to Axis2 is in the plan but for this existing customer, it is not
feasible right away.