Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/06/21 22:16:22 UTC

JAR task problem

Argh, today seems to be the day of "things that worked 10 minutes ago
don't now"...

I have a JAR task...

<jar destfile="${src}/struts.jar" basedir="${src}" update="true"
includes="META-INF/*" />

Under the directory ${src} points to I have a META-INF directory with a
tlds directory in it, in which are two .tld files.  The TLDs are already
in the JAR, so I'm just trying to update them.

I have verified that the .tld files are the versions I want updated in
the JAR.  But, when I executed this, no error occurs, no message saying
anything went wrong, but the JAR is not updated.  I've tried a number of
different variations of the above, including setting the basedir to
${src}/META-INF, trying various wildcards in the includes clause,
explicitly naming the two .tld files, using a <fileset> underneath, etc.
  Nothing has worked.

I'll just be over here in the corner banging my head against the wall,
if anyone would like to tap me on the shoulder with a suggestion, I'd
appreciate it :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect