Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/10 14:05:27 UTC

Multiproject with maven 2

Hi,

I'm testing with multiproject like this:

root
+ project
+ moduleA
+ moduleB

each one has a pom.xml defined. The pom of the project has a <modules/>
section as follows:

<modules>
<module>../moduleA</module>
<module>../moduleB</module>
</modules>

When I try to add the pom of "project", continuum fails with an error:

Could not download
file:/C:/DOCUME~1/WIMD/LOCALS~1/Temp/summit-4/../moduleA/pom.xml:
C:\DOCUME~1\WIMD\LOCALS~1\Temp\summit-4\..\moduleA\pom.xml (The system
cannot find the path specified)

any ideas?

regards,

Wim

Re: How Continuum interprets SCM path for maven 2 modules?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
scm path is generate by maven2 api.

How do you have defined your scm url in root pom (and/or in your war pom) ?

If you have define it only in root pom, you must have a '/' at the end, and maven will
take it and add module name at the end.

Emmanuel

Re: Multiproject with maven 2

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
cool.

You can use TortoiseSvn, it's the most simple to use (right click in windows explorer).
Checkout sources from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/scm/trunk/

clearcase provider is in maven-scm-providers/maven-provider-clearcase

For implementing command, you must extends commands from maven-scm-api, you can look in
other providers for example.

You can subscribe to scm-dev@maven.apache.org (scm-dev-subscribe@maven.apache.org). I'll
answer (or an other guy) to your questions on this list.

Emmanuel

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
before a test user, we need a developer for clearcase provider in maven-scm.
Do you want to implement it?
For support clearcase in continuum, we need checkout, update and changelog commands.
Changelog is already implemented.
If you want work on it, you can add checkin command too, it would be great.

I know there are multi connection modes (socket (they call snapshot), SCM, pure UCM,
UCM+SCM) in clearcase, I want to support all mode in future, but we can start with one.

what's your connection mode?

Emmanuel

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I'm not sure it will be fix for 1.0.1.

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
hmm, do you have try to force a build before the full checkout of files?

Delete your projects and readd them.

Emmanuel

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
no, we won't support multiproject in upload method. I'll explain why in my previous mail

Emmanuel

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.