Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2016/06/14 07:07:41 UTC

[VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.3.29

The Struts 2.3.29 test build is now available. It includes the latest
security patch which fixes few possible vulnerabilities:
-  Action name clean up is error prone
- Forced double OGNL evaluation, when evaluated on raw user input in
tag attributes, may lead to remote code execution (similar to S2-029)
- Remote Code Execution can be performed when using REST Plugin.
- It is possible to bypass token validation and perform a CSRF attack
- Getter as action method leads to security bypass
- Input validation bypass using existing default action method.
- Possible DoS attack when using URLValidator

For details and the rationale behind these changes, please consult the
corresponding security bulletins:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-035
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-036
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-037
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-038
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-039
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-040
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/S2-041

Except the above, few other issues were resolved as well:
[WW-4608] - Json result type breaks
[WW-4618] - MessageStorePreResultListener doesn't store messages for
3rd-party RedirectResult subclasses
[WW-4622] - [struts2-tiles-plugin] [2.3.28]
[StrutsWildcardServletTilesApplicationContext] getRealPath
[WW-4623] - Multiple tiles.xml in web.xml
[WW-4624] - New Tiles version can not find tiles*.xml files in sub-directories
[WW-4626] - EmailValidator flags .cat emails as invalid
[WW-4627] - Struts2 JSON Plugin: messages in fieldsErrors are
serialized twice since jdk1.7_80
[WW-4629] - Tile definition Inheritance/overriding is broken in
Struts2 tiles plugin 2.3.28+
[WW-4630] - <s:submit> generates a value attribute for type=image
which violates W3C
[WW-4633] - ClassCastException while generating report using Struts
2.3.28 and jasperreports 4.5.1

Release notes:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.3.29

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

This is a "fast-track" release vote. If we have a positive vote after
24 hours (at least three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s),  the
release may be submitted for mirroring and announced to the usual
channels.

The website download link will include the mirroring timestamp
parameter [1], which limits the selection of mirrors to those that
have been refreshed since the indicated time and date. (After 24
hours, we *must* remove the timestamp parameter from the website link,
to avoid unnecessary server load.) In the case of a fast-track
release, the email announcement will not link directly to
<download.cgi>, but to <downloads.html>, so that we can control use of
the timestamp parameter.

[1] http://apache.org/dev/mirrors.html#use

- The Apache Struts group.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE][FASTTRACK] Struts 2.3.29

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Dario,

So you are doing

eventList(%{#list.sequence}).description

instead of

<s:set var="sequence" value="#list.sequence" />
eventList(%{#sequence}).description

which works for me also

or do you have some code of what does not work?

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
oops, without the typos

....for

<s:hidden id="xxxx" name="eventList(%{#list.sequence}).id.eventCategory"
value="%{#list.id.eventCategory}" />

renders

<input id="xxxx" type="hidden" value="myvalue" name="
eventList(1).id.eventCategory">

which is correct ie it has a 1

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
From the docs:

https://struts.apache.org/docs/iterator.html

The id attribute is deprecated in Struts 2.1.x, and has been replaced by
the var attribute.

Which version are you upgrading from?

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
The only difference here is () instead of []

Posted by da...@JavelinGroup.com.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
....for

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
As there are web.xml, struts.xml and dtd changes for v2.5, testing prior
releases is problematic, so best to switch to the latest versions if
upgrading.  Also latest versions will get more much testing.

Cheers Greg

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
> [ ] Leave at test build