Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by kartik jayaraman <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/16 06:50:40 UTC

Setup problem

Hi,
    I am new to SOAP and certainly new to Apache SOAP. I had some basic
problem setting things up. I added the follwoing in the server.xml file of
tomcat

		<Context path="/soap" docBase="f:/apacheSOAP/foo/soap-2_0/webapps/soap"
debug="1" reloadable="true"/>

but the alias in tomcat-apache.conf file after starting tomcat is

Alias /soap F:\ApacheWebServer\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\soap
<Directory "F:\ApacheWebServer\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\soap">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /soap/servlet /soap
<Location /soap/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

f:\ApacheWebServer\jakarta-tomcat happens to be my TOMCAT_HOME.

even if I modify the directory here, to the one I want, after starting
apache
and entering the following on my browser
   http://localhost:8080/soap
I get a page not found(HTTP 404). Other aliases of tomcat get displayed
perfectly....

What is the problem here?Please help!!!

Regards,

Kartik