Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Deniz Koçak <le...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/19 08:53:06 UTC

Setting egress topic name in stateful functions module definition

Hi,

In an Kafka module definition [1], I want to explicitly set the name
of the outbound Kafka topic in the egress definition below, but could
not find any reference to it in the docs. We are not using Java SDK,
which seems to be allowing us to set such details, so not sure how it
could be handled just via module definition file. I am not sure how
outbound topic name is being generated, however specifying that topic
name is important for us to create a test deployments in our
environments.

---
kind: io.statefun.kafka.v1/egress
spec:
  id: test/response
  address: BOOTSTREAP_SERVERS
  deliverySemantic:
    type: at-least-once
    transactionTimeoutMillis: 100000

Deniz

[1] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-statefun-docs-release-3.1/docs/io-module/apache-kafka/

Re: Setting egress topic name in stateful functions module definition

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@apache.org>.
Hi Deniz,
I assume that you are using the Python SDK,
Here is an example how to set the egress topic name[1]

I hope that helps,
Igal.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun-playground/blob/release-3.1/python/greeter/functions.py#L58