Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by wr...@apache.org on 2001/08/07 15:43:40 UTC

Re: mod_negotiation/3430: Enhancement: MultiViews, Multi-Language Documents

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

Synopsis: Enhancement: MultiViews, Multi-Language Documents

State-Changed-From-To: suspended-closed
State-Changed-By: wrowe
State-Changed-When: Tue Aug  7 06:43:39 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
> 1. Config-directive for standard language, handling
>    the language for e.g. "test.htm".

Language default properly provides the default language
of a file without a recognized language extension.

> 2. Telling Apache what MIME-types could have multilingual
>    content (minimize impact on server = don't guess).

There is no impact on the server today, requests for a
specific file always serve that file.  You *must* depricate
the foo.html file and rename it foo.html.la for the other
languages to be selectable.  This is the correct behavior.

> 3. Don't change the mime-type (file extension) of the document:

You are asking for alternate orderings.  As a win32 user
myself, I sympathize.  You can name files foo.en.html today
with no ill effects, however they will not match foo.html.
That may change in Apache 2.0.