Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2017/05/09 02:18:32 UTC

Wizards

Today I prepared and then gave a lecture on how to create a Maven based JavaFX project with NetBeans (pptx available on request). What made this harder than it had to be was that NetBeans is generating code for JavaFX 2.0 and not JavaFX 8. A similar problem occurs when using JPA ORM where the JPA controller is for standalone applications rather than for server containers. I am curious if there is a dedicated group who keeps the wizards up to date. While I am not sufficiently skilled to work directly on NetBeans source or plugins  I am interested in improving the code that is generated whenever a new file or project is created. If there is some small way I can contribute then please call on me.

Ken

Re: Wizards

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
So I guess all we need is a PR for https://github.com/mojohaus/javafx and
Milos will publish it on Maven Central?

--emi

Re: Wizards

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wizards

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>.

Re: Wizards

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Hey Ken,

In Apache NetBeans, you should definitely be on a dedicated team that helps
ensure the code generated from wizards is up to date. I.e., you'd provide
example code and corrections to existing code -- and probably I or someone
else would be able to point you to where in the source code the templates
are found, you'd create an issue explaining what needs to be changed, you'd
check out the NetBeans source code, and you'd then change the templates as
described in the issue you had created.

You and all other lecturers would be able to provide feedback -- and even
modify templates yourself -- or create new templates -- based on the needs
of your students.

I'm looking forward to this direct way of working with NetBeans that
lecturers will be able to have, once we have everything set up in Apache.

Thanks,

Geertjan