Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/24 04:31:31 UTC

Mapreduce jobtracker recover property

Hi,

I'm using the version Hadoop 1.2.1 in production hdfs, i can see the the
following properties with the value in jobtracker  job.xml,

*mapreduce.job.restart.recover - true*
*mapred.jobtracker.restart.recover - false**
*

What is the difference and which property will taken by the jobtracker? Do
we need really need these properties?

Also I didn't set the value to those properties in any of the
configurations(eg., mapred-site.xml).

Please help on this.

Viswa.J

Re: Mapreduce jobtracker recover property

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
*mapred.jobtracker.restart.recover *is the old API, while the other one is
for new. It is used to specify whether the job should try to resume at
recovering time and when restarting. If you don't want to use it then the
default value of false is used (specified in the already packaged/bundled
config file in the distribution jars.)

https://www.inkling.com/read/hadoop-definitive-guide-tom-white-3rd/chapter-5/running-on-a-cluster

Regards,
Shahab

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shahab,

Thanks for the detailed response.

So the new property will have the default value as true in the package?

Thanks,
Viswa.J

Posted by Viswanathan J <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shahab,