Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it> on 2012/06/01 00:59:03 UTC

Vaadin viewer

Hi Dan,

I came across a project on SourceForge for a Vaadin viewer for Naked
Objects and you were one of the the committers. I was wondering what
the status is, perhaps it's something to revive? We did some
prototypes with Vaadin in another project and were very impressed with
the richness of the components. When building polished business
applications I would choose Vaadin over Wicket, especially for the
fact that you don't have to deal with all the layout and CSS stuff.
Building websites I would probably choose Wicket for it's flexibility,
the drawback of Vaadin is that if you want to change the design you
have to do a lot of work. But personally I know very little developers
who are skilled designers too. I have to say that I have no experience
with Wicket so my opinion is biased and might be totally incorrect.

Cheers,
Jeroen

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/vaadinobjects/

Re: Vaadin viewer

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
I certainly don't want to distract you from your priorities and agree
to work from back to front. The project doesn't need another half
baked viewer now so I'll probably invest some time in learning Wicket
and the viewer.

Thanks,
Jeroen

Vaadin viewer