Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/18 16:35:39 UTC

Re: file download problem

Just a thought.  Isn't there a specific content type for .doc
documents?  That might solve your problem.I looked it up.  .doc
documents are "application/msword".  Try that and see what happens.  I
am actually building a list of all the extensions and their content
types.  Hope this helps.

On 1/18/06, temp temp <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I am using struts action class to download a file .
>

>   Here is the action class
>
>       public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping aActionMapping, ActionForm aActionForm,
>                HttpServletRequest aHttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse  aHttpServletResponse)
>               throws Exception {
>
>           aHttpServletResponse.setContentType("application/octet-stream");
>           aHttpServletResponse.setHeader("pragma", "no-cache");
>           aHttpServletResponse.setHeader("Cache-Control","cache");
>           aHttpServletResponse.setHeader("Cache-Control","must-revalidate");
>
>           Integer aSysAttachId = new Integer(aHttpServletRequest.getParameter(IWeb.SYS_ATTACH_ID));
>            aHttpServletResponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;  filename=\"" +aHttpServletRequest.getParameter(IWeb.FILE_NAME)+ "\"");
>            download(aApplicationInfoDelegate.getApplicationAttachemntFile(aSysAttachId),aHttpServletResponse);
>           return null;
>       }
>
>       private void download(byte[] byteArray, HttpServletResponse httpServletResponse)
>               throws IOException, SQLException {
>           try {
>                BufferedOutputStream aBufferedOutputStream =new  BufferedOutputStream(httpServletResponse.getOutputStream());
>               aBufferedOutputStream.write(byteArray,0,byteArray.length);
>               aBufferedOutputStream.close();
>           } catch (Exception e) {
>               throw new IllegalArgumentException(e.getMessage());
>           }
>       }
>
>   My problem is  with all ".doc "files and some  ".pdf" files  .When  user clicks on the link , the browser opens a dialog box  with the option to save or open the file   .Suppose he has  choosen a ".doc"  file  to open , the browser opens micorsoft  word with an error message
>
>   Word experienced an error tying open the file.
>   Try these suggestions.
>   * Chaeck the file permissions for the document or drive.
>   * Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space
>   * Open the file with the text Recovery converter.
>

>   I also had other files  like .xls and lot of .pdf and there is no problem with these files  but with all .doc files.
>   Can Somebody guide with this issue.
>   Thanks & Regards

> Yahoo! Photos
>  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

~Dakota Jack~