Posted to users@maven.apache.org by samwun <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/19 14:08:55 UTC

Can't map jsp file

Hello,

I have built a simple web project using Maven + Spring 3 and jsp, but the
mapping is not correct and I don't know how to resolve it.

Here I enclosed my project with this post.
It is an Eclipse project+pom project.

Please have a look what is missing in the spring configuration.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n4503348/guest-book.zip guest-book.zip

RE: Can't map jsp file

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
the uri 'guest' needs to be mapped within WEB-INF/web.xml

can you inline web.xml (or attach to reply)

BTW:as this is definitely a glassfish issue and NOT a maven issue lets offline this for now and reply to me
Thanks,
Martin Gainty
Jogi és Bizalmassági kinyilatkoztatás/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité
 Ez az
üzenet bizalmas.  Ha nem ön az akinek szánva volt, akkor kérjük, hogy
jelentse azt nekünk vissza. Semmiféle továbbítása vagy másolatának
készítése nem megengedett.  Ez az üzenet csak ismeret cserét szolgál és
semmiféle jogi alkalmazhatósága sincs.  Mivel az electronikus üzenetek
könnyen megváltoztathatóak, ezért minket semmi felelöség nem terhelhet
ezen üzenet tartalma miatt.

RE: Can't map jsp file

Posted by samwun <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

RE: Can't map jsp file

Posted by samwun <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for the quick test and reply.
In my environment, the war file is deployed to Glassfish 3.1.
I will follow your suggestion and see if I can progress further.

Very appreciate for your help, and will keep you posted no matter it is
fixed or still having errors..

Thanks & happy Father's Day to you too.

Thanks
Sam

RE: Can't map jsp file

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Sam

2 things I noticed when i deployed guest-book to TC7.0.6 (and reloaded guest-book webapp from manager interface)
no web.xml welcome-file entry perhaps you intended this welcome-file entry in /WEB-INF/web.xml?
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>guest.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

the spring classloader needs TomcatInstrumentalClassLoader to be located in classloader where (webapp CL) spring has been loaded:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader
are you implmenting guest-book on catalina or perhaps some other container such as GF or WL or JBoss?

?
To one and all..Happy Fathers Day
Martin