Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Koe Black <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/15 16:35:02 UTC

Instructions for activating carrot-clustering on Nutch (instructions inside)

Hey All,

I activate carrot-clustering plugin on Nutch today.
Decided to share instructions with everybody since got
some interesting results with it.

Plugin is located by default in this directory
\nutch-0.9\WEB-INF\classes\plugins\clustering-carrot2

Since it was downloaded with Nutch 0.9 I am sure if it
is not a latest version. Plugin itself is 1.0.2, I am
not sure if new version is out since 2.1 carrot is
out.

To unable clustering do the following.
Instruction -
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ClusteringPlugin

I followed instructions above and did the following

1. get to your
nutch-0.9\WEB-INF\classes (nutch-0.9 it is a root
directory of your installation)
2. Find nutch-site.xml file
3. make the following change for plugin.includes
property find <value> tag, add the following at the
end of existing value |clustering-carrot2

see example below

	<property>
		<name>plugin.includes</name>

<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|js)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)|summary-basic|scoring-opic|urlnormalizer-(pass|regex|basic)|clustering-carrot2</value>
		<description>
  </description>
	</property>

4. Go to nutch web application (I assume that it is
configured and working), type search criteria, check
clustering option near search button, click search,
you will see clustering on right hand site.

Hope it helps

Enjoy

Armen

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: Instructions for activating carrot-clustering on Nutch (instructions inside)

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> Since it was downloaded with Nutch 0.9 I am sure if it
> is not a latest version. Plugin itself is 1.0.2, I am
> not sure if new version is out since 2.1 carrot is
> out.

We will be upgrading the Nutch plugin soon -- it's on our list:

http://issues.carrot2.org/browse/CARROT-105

Sorry for delays.

Dawid