Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@web.de> on 2002/11/04 13:07:22 UTC

How to get the tiles-def.xml reloaded without starting the server again?

Hi,

how can I get tiles-def.xml reload after I changed tiles-def.xml and don't
want to restart tomcat?

Zsolt

Re: How to get the tiles-def.xml reloaded without starting the server again?

Posted by Umberto Nicoletti <un...@prometeo.it>.
Try restarting the webapp using the manager servlet (if using tomcat).
Should be something like this:
localhost:8080/manager/reload?path=/webapcontextname

Look at the doc for the details or search the archives of this ml.

HTH,
umberto

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 17:07, Zsolt Koppany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I get tiles-def.xml reload after I changed tiles-def.xml and don't
> want to restart tomcat?
>
> Zsolt

Umberto Nicoletti
unicoletti@prometeo.it | Tel. +390415701366

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall

Re: How to get the tiles-def.xml reloaded without starting the server again?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  The preferred way is to reload the webapps with the help of the
webserver admin facilities.
  Tiles have an action performing the reload of the Tiles factory This
action was intended to be used during development, but as now webserver
propose a reload, this action will be deprecated.

       Cedric

Re: How to get the tiles-def.xml (and struts-config.xml) reloaded w/out restarting

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Type the corresponding url in a browser:
.../tiles-documentation/admin/tiles/reload.do
.../tiles-documentation/admin/tiles/view.do

    Cedric

Posted by Rainer Mueller <rm...@inventage.com>.
Good question!