Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2002/06/28 16:31:49 UTC

Security in cocoon.xconf?

I have setup database connection in cocoon.xconf but the username and
password are required in cocoon.xconf. How secure if cocoon.xconf? Will
crashes or any tricks expose this information to the clients or other
servlets?

If so, any measure that I can take to hide such information? I am using
cocoon 2.0.1.

Alban

RE: Security in cocoon.xconf?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Move cocoon.xconf to WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, as in latest Cocoon versions.
This is a bit more secure location then before.

Vadim