Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/17 12:00:48 UTC

Maven + Cactus unit test success

I've finally got Maven2, Cactus and Jetty playing happily together.

Sure it seems to repeat a step 3 times... sure I've made it a separate
Maven project.... but it works! :)

The JSTL implementation is now split into three projects:

The JSTL jar itself, though due to Glassfish we have to put it in our
own groupId:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/standard/trunk/spec

The Standard jar, which includes JUnit testing:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/standard/trunk/impl

The Cactus tests:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/taglibs/proper/standard/trunk/standard-test

Tests pass. Except the JUnit ones that are turned off - one has never
passed and the other started failing in the 1.2 update and I need to
grok why.

There's also a string-test directory in the String Taglib - its one
Cactus test is failing right now, this is because String puts its var
into PAGE_SCOPE and Cactus needs to pull from APPLICATION_SCOPE as (I
think) the Page is dead and flushed by the time the unit test gets to
the assert step.

Simple answer is that String (and other taglibs) should support scope :)

Another todo is to look at creating a parent pom for the integration projects.

Hen