Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kaminski, Adi" <Ad...@verint.com> on 2020/01/08 07:47:50 UTC

Extending SOLR default/eDisMax query parser with Span queries functionalities

Hi,
We would like to extend SOLR default (named 'lucene' per: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/the-standard-query-parser.html)
or eDisMax query parser with additional functionality of Lucene Span queries in order to allow via standard parsers to execute position search (SpanFirst, etc.)
via more trivial interface (for example 'sq=' clause).

Is there any guideline/HowTo regarding required areas to focus on/implement, important notes/checklist, etc. ?
(the idea I guess is to inherit the default/eDisMax relevant classes and expand functionality, without harming the existing ones)

We've found the below try to do something similar, but it was at 2012 and on very old Solr version (4.X), and i assume default SOLR/eDisMax
parsers were changed since then (we are on Solr 8.3 version right now).

Thanks a lot in advance,
Adi

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.