Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bo Min Jiang <bj...@cambian.com> on 2003/08/25 23:55:35 UTC

Tomcat + Sun One AS7 JNDI lookup of JMS not working

I am trying to use Tomcat to perform a JNDI look up of a JMS queue (JMS
server is Sun One MQ that is bundled with Sun One AS 7).   However, it
doesn't seem like JMS resources are bound to the Tomcat JNDI namespace.

For my app, I am using com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory as the initial
context factory.  When I perform the lookup, I get the following error:

"javax.naming.NameNotFoundException.  Root exception is
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound"

I have tried setting the initial context factory both at the command line
and within code, but get the same error either way.  If I use
com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory as the initial contect
factory, the lookup does work, but I'm not exactly sure why.

Has anyone been able to use JNDI to lookup JMS resources within Tomcat, and
with com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory as the context factory?

Thanks,
Bo