Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com> on 2013/05/24 17:36:39 UTC

marvin tests via IntelliJ

I'm an avid user of IntelliJ and would like to use it (with the Python plugin) to write and run marvin tests instead of pydev+eclipse as documented here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python#Marvin-TestingwithPython-IDEEclipseandPyDev

Is anyone successfully using IntelliJ to write/run tests? If so, do you have any pointers?

Thanks,
Shane

Re: marvin tests via IntelliJ

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:36:39AM -0400, Shane Witbeck wrote:
> I'm an avid user of IntelliJ and would like to use it (with the
> Python plugin) to write and run marvin tests instead of
> pydev+eclipse as documented here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Marvin+-+Testing+with+Python#Marvin-TestingwithPython-IDEEclipseandPyDev
>
> Is anyone successfully using IntelliJ to write/run tests? If so, do
> you have any pointers?

I prefer IntelliJ too but I haven't used it with the python plugin. I
use the full fledged PyCharm IDE that is also produced by JetBrains.
They have a OSS license for Apache CloudStack that I'd be happy to
share if you want to give it a shot.

--
Prasanna.,