Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com> on 2011/05/19 19:31:23 UTC

i18n for Help pages ... howto ?

Hi all (Hans ?)

I was trying to extend the existing help configuration with a test page in
German locale.
This is what I tried to do:
- create the German content file as XML, e.g in
applications/order/data/helpdata/HELP_ORDER_de.xml
- include that file as a DataRessource at
applications/order/data/OrderHelpData.xml (which is invoked upon "seed"
load)
- include a respective Content item referring to the DataRessource
- adding a ContentAssoc as ALTERNATE_LOCALE to the parent Content (the
english one)

As this works for product content, I had assumed this works very similar for
help content.
The pop-up with the help texts however does not show the text in German,
despite the fact that my admin account is set to German locale.

Am I on the right path?
Has anyone attempted to extend the help content by another language yet? (I
recall there were no attempts when this was still on the old public
wikisite).

Thanks for any hints.
Regards

Carsten

Re: i18n for Help pages ... howto ?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Carsten,

There are few examples in French
See for instance HELP_EXAMPLE_FR.xml
or HELP_OFBizDocumentationSystem_FR.xml
BTW you might be interested by the bottom of HELP_OFBizDocumentationSystem.xml :o)

Jacques

From: "Carsten Schinzer" <c....@googlemail.com>