Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com> on 2014/03/18 15:43:15 UTC

Is CouchDB supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SP3

Hi,
I see that we have official releases of couch DB for windows, macOS and Ubuntu under http://couchdb.apache.org/
I wanted to know if its supported on the below version or should I anticipate any issues?

lglat253:~ # cat /etc/SuSE-release

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)

VERSION = 11

PATCHLEVEL = 3

Thanks,

Radhika

Re: Is CouchDB supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SP3

Posted by Marcello Barnaba <vj...@openssl.it>.
cool ^_^'

Radhika, what you did is absolutely legit and you won't run into any issues - as long as the person currently maintaining this package screws up :-).

the OpenSuSE build service is a collaborative, community effort. the person who built the package you're using had a need for CouchDB on SLE and he took the available package, rebuilt it for SLE and shared it in the open.

of course, you can't expect a SLA (and the associated headaches ;-) that you may get from a dedicated company / contract. in the open source game, you get things for free, and when these things start being important to run your business, you give back... nurturing the earth that grows the tree from which you picked up the free fruit. :-)

one day, if CouchDB works well for you, you'll have all the interest in having a reliable package source: you may decide in investing some time in building the know-how required to update it, and then you'll share the results with other people, that then in the future will do the same.

so, welcome in the open source bazaar: it's a delightful environment, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay :-).

~Marcello
--
~ vjt@openssl.it
~ http://sindro.me/

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Will do. Thanks ..

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Marcello,

cool :)

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

RE: Is CouchDB supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SP3

--
vjt@openssl.it

RE: Is CouchDB supported on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SP3

Posted by "Ramanadham, Radhika" <ra...@emc.com>.
Here it is-

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.