Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com> on 2005/08/02 01:53:36 UTC

JCA Resource Adapter

I have developed a JCA 1.0 resource adapter for jackrabbit that I would like
to share. It's the first version so do not flame me if it does not work on
your favorite application server. I have looked at the mailing list for a
long time and "waiting" for a resource adapter to pop up in the contrib.
Eventually I got tired of waiting :-)

The source can be found at http://www.x3m.com/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-jca.zip.
Have not opened a CVS/SVN repository yet since the most logical home for
such a project would be at jackrabbit itself. I will gladly commit the
initial source to such a project.

Regards,
Sten Roger

RE: JCA Resource Adapter

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com>.

Dominique Pfister wrote:

> I quickly took a look at the source code. Looks light a nice,
straightforward implementation
> to me and I would be very interesting in adding this contribution to the
jackrabbit project.
> Before doing this, there are just some small things to be done first:
>
> (1) The source files should include the ASF copyright notice header
> (2) The project should be mavenized

Will do that. The mavenized build is done so will post the source here on
this mailing list when all is done :-)

> Most important, we need a signed CLA from you. You can download the form
from the following location:
> http://www.apache.de/licenses/icla.txt
>
> So please let me know if you want to contribute it.

Yes, will defenitely contribute it to this great project :-) will sign the
ICLA as soon as I'm back at work (on monday).

/srs

RE: JCA Resource Adapter

Posted by Sten Roger Sandvik <sr...@x3m.com>.
Hi all.

A mavenized version of the Jackrabbit JCA package is now available at:
http://www.x3m.com/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-jca.zip

/srs

> I have developed a JCA 1.0 resource adapter for jackrabbit that I
> would like to share. It's the first version so do not flame me if it
> does not work on your favorite application server. I have looked at
> the mailing list for a long time and "waiting" for a resource adapter to
pop up in the contrib.
> Eventually I got tired of waiting :-)

That's a good move!

> The source can be found at
http://www.x3m.com/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-jca.zip.
> Have not opened a CVS/SVN repository yet since the most logical home
> for such a project would be at jackrabbit itself. I will gladly commit
> the initial source to such a project.

I quickly took a look at the source code. Looks light a nice,
straightforward implementation to me and I would be very interesting in
adding this contribution to the jackrabbit project. Before doing this, there
are just some small things to be done first:

(1) The source files should include the ASF copyright notice header
(2) The project should be mavenized

Most important, we need a signed CLA from you. You can download the form
from the following location:

http://www.apache.de/licenses/icla.txt

So please let me know if you want to contribute it.

Cheers
Dominique

Re: JCA Resource Adapter

Posted by Dominique Pfister <do...@gmail.com>.