Posted to user@struts.apache.org by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/07 22:38:08 UTC

Struts2 and Jquery problem with LightBox or thickbox

I tried to implement thickbox functionality in a jsp ,to display iframe in a
thickbox. If I use a simple a href using a jsp,thickbox works fine, but if i
use s:url with *.action as the url ,and if i pass height,width attributes
,iam getting an error .I tried removing height and width, but iam getting an
exception saying ParametersInterceptor exception using "random" ."Random"
variable is used by jQuery.js internally.

If i can not use Jquery 'thickbox, what other frameworks support thickbox
kind of functionality, as i need thick box to show some dynamic content,such
as user's information or it can be a form submit.

Jul 2, 2008 3:39:54 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught
setting 'height' on 'class com.hicom.web.action.UserSignupAction: Error
setting expression 'height' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@7a847a84'

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and Jquery problem with LightBox or thickbox

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- On Tue, 7/29/08, prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i wonder whether dojo has any support to thickbox.

Perhaps the Dojo documentation would be helpful. There's no S2 tag for it, but there's no reason you can't use plain old Dojo with S2, just like any other JavaScript library.

Dave

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and Jquery problem with LightBox or thickbox

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.
Yes i can understand, though it is js problem..but iam integrating with s2,
and s2 behaves way differently with these frameworks..since s2 has
integrated with dojo..i wonder whether dojo has any support to thickbox.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.
I can't remember the framework used now (customer code), but it was
displaying dynamically generated code.

The random property is not your problem - s2 is reporting the problem,
but should be continuing execution (have you debugged/logged to check
this?).  If you want to stop the error message, take a look at the
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.2/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/interceptor/ParametersInterceptor.html
- in particular the "excludeMethods" parameter.

Until you sort out what the underlying problem is, I would recommend
using a <a href="" /> and place the action name or s:property in the
href value.

/Ian

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME, HOW CAN I CREATE A LIGHT OR THICK BOX>>

Posted by prashanth2 <mu...@gmail.com>.
I see the error on my console, my app never got halt.