Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/11/21 03:05:25 UTC

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - test code in non-standard place

I see some classes that look like tests in the main (non-test) source tree of at
least one project: uima-ducc-cli (see for instance,
org.apache.uima.ducc.cli.ws.json, there are classes "MachineFactsTest" and
"ReservationFactsTest".

I think these should be moved to the normal maven spot (convention over
configuration :-) ), so they get run automatically during the build (they would
need to be turned into junit tests too).

A scan of the code shows 9 classes with the word "test" as part of the name, and
none of these are in the src/test/java conventional spot, so none of the tests
are being run as part of the build, I think (I didn't check...).

-Marshall

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - test code in non-standard place

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
My claim is that as of now, all hits on the string "test" or "Test" when
grepping .java's in DUCC are legit.  Hopefully this resolves
MachineFactsTest" and "ReservationFactsTest" and 9 others?

Note that there is a PamTest.java.  If its name is an issue I can change it
to perhaps PamCheck.java.  I happen to like it as it is, but will change if
that is the convention.

Also there are some packages in the examples project having "test" as a
part of the package name.  That's OK?

Lou.

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
Marshall,