Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by robert <ro...@gliesian.com> on 2011/02/07 15:19:31 UTC

Extending WSDL validation

Is it common for project domains to have special rule sets to extend
WSDL validation?

If so how are these rule sets applied, through additional schemas
and/or other means?

Is there a specific way to have these rule sets applied for usage with
the WSDL Validator tool?

Thanks!

Re: Extending WSDL validation

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 07 February 2011 9:19:31 am robert wrote:
> Is it common for project domains to have special rule sets to extend
> WSDL validation?

Well, yes and no.   If a bunch of a projects users are hitting a common issue,
it's normal for the project to add a check or similar to prevent people from
running into the same issue over and over.    That's pretty much how the
existing CXF checks have evolved.   People kept feeding CXF "invalid" WSDL and
then getting  unpredictable results and logging bugs and such.   By
implementing some checks, we can let the user know up front that these issues
are known not to work and thus it puts less of a support burden on us.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org