Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2001/04/25 16:25:21 UTC

[C2] Cocoon 2 and Xerces 2

Hi, all!

I've just found out that there is a new project of XML parser at Apache -
Xerces 2.
Does anybody know in what stage is the development and will Cocoon 2 work
with it?

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Piroumian
Software engineer

Protek Flagship LLC
Phone: + 7 095 795 0520 (add. 1288)
Fax: + 7 095 795 0525
E-mail: kpiroumian@flagship.ru
http://www.protek.com

Re: [C2] Cocoon 2 and Xerces 1.3.1

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It's me again, bothering you with Xerces :)
>
> Xerces 1.3.1 was releazed, but in the latest CVS snapshot only the
> xerces1_3_0.jar. Will the long waited beta version of C2 use version 1.3.1?
> It seems that there were bugs in 1.3.0 (http://www.megginson.com/SAX/) and
> one of them made me lose my sleep until the 3 am:

Well, if Xerces 1.3.1 works well with C2 it should be included before
going beta.

> org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl
> removeAttributes uses index rather than index*5 and erases the wrong
> attribute (Andrew[at]instmak.com, js[at]pro-solutions.com)
>
> Removing attributes is used in the i18nTransformer which I am trying to
> improve and when the only attribute is present then everything works fine,
> but if more than one then Cocoon stucks and give a Resource not found error,
> because of ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

Can you try nd test 1.3.1 with C2?

Giacomo

PS: Keep developments stuff on the cocoon-dev list.

[C2] Cocoon 2 and Xerces 1.3.1

Re: [C2] Cocoon 2 and Xerces 2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Piroumian, Konstantin wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> I've just found out that there is a new project of XML parser at Apache -
> Xerces 2.
> Does anybody know in what stage is the development and will Cocoon 2 work
> with it?

I don't know the stage Xerces 2 is in but C2 will not work nice
with Xerces 2 for now.

Giacomo