Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 19:36:36 UTC

JOB @ Sematext: Professional Services Lead => Head

Hello,

We have what I think is a great opening at Sematext. Ideal candidate would
be in New York, but that's not an absolute must. More info below + on
http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html in job-ad-speak, but I'd be happy to
describe what we are looking for, what we do, and what types of companies
we work with in regular-human-speak off-line.

DESCRIPTION

Sematext is hiring a technical, hands-onProfessional Services Lead to join,
lead, and grow the Professional Services side of Sematext and potentially
grow into the Head role.

REQUIREMENTS

* Experience working with Solr or Elasticsearch

* Plan and coordinate customer engagements from business and technical
perspective

* Identify customer pain points, needs, and success criteria at the onset
of each engagement

* Provide expert-level consulting and support services and strive to be a
trustworthy advisor to a wide range of customers

* Resolve complex search issues involving Solr or Elasticsearch

* Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through
our products or services

* Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product
teams

* Participate in open source community by contributing bug fixes,
improvements, answering questions, etc.

EXPERIENCE

* BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred

* 2 or more years of IT Consulting and/or Professional Services experience
required

* Exposure to other related open source projects (Hadoop, Nutch, Kafka,
Storm, Mahout, etc.) a plus

* Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a
plus

* Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a
plus

* Experience working in a startup a plus

Otis