Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Heidi Fernandez <he...@cubalse.cu> on 2005/05/30 16:53:52 UTC

propfind

Can't get  access  to the svn repository. Always obtain an Propfind error.

But I can see the URL in my explorer

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/Error * PROPFIND request failed on
'/repos/asf/forrest' PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/forrest':
Could not read status line: An existing connection  was forcibly closed by
the remote host.   (http://svn.apache.org <http://svn.apache.org/> )

Could you give me some advice

heidi

** eSafe ha escaneado este correo en busca de virus, v�ndalos o contenido h�stil.**

RE: propfind

Posted by Heidi Fernandez <he...@cubalse.cu>.
Thanks David

I am using the TortoiseSVN graphical user interfase on windows.

Could not dedicate much time in this days to the forrest project.

I also spend some time asking to the TortoiseSVN (TSVN) list and trying out
their advice to the same cuestion. Since it is working now I will put a copy
here:

----
Advice:

Try https:// instead of http:// - seems you're behind a firewall/proxy which
rejects DAV requests. By using https://, you 'trick' the firewall/proxy so
that it doesn't recognize those requests anymore.

Or: configure your firewall/proxy to let DAV requests through.

End of the advice
----

I used https and succeeded. Now I will ask the firewall/proxy administrator
for the DAV request.

When I use the TSVN client, it asks me for a fingerprint which I accept and
continues. I hope that's correct.

heidi

> Can't get  access  to the svn repository. Always obtain an Propfind error.

Please tell us the exact 'svn' command that you are trying to use.

The instructions are at:
http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/build.html

--David

Re: propfind