Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Hansen <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/19 08:28:56 UTC

Error while starting tomcat. Failed creating jvm.dll

Hi,

I have installed Tomcat 6.0.29 on a machine running Windows 7 Professional
(64bit) and JDK 1.5.0_22.

When I start Tomcat, I see the following error message in the log file:
[206  javajni.c] [error] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[985  prunsrv.c] [error] Failed creating java C:\Program Files
(x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

When I googled the above error message, I was told that copying the
msvcr71.dll file to either windows/System32 folder or Tomcat/bin folder will
solve the problem. Unfortunately, it did not.

Can someone please give me pointers on why the above error message occurs? I
did not have any issues running Tomcat on a Windows XP 32 bit machine.
However, that hasn't been the case with my Windows 7 machine.

Please help!

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Error while starting tomcat. Failed creating jvm.dll

Posted by Joe Hansen <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing that out, Konstantin.

I have now uninstalled Tomcat 6.0.29 and installed 6.0.33 instead and it
works flawlessly with the 32-bit JRE. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have
known about it. Thank you very much! :)

Regards,
Joe

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Hansen <jo...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/10/19 Joe Hansen <jo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Tomcat 6.0.29 on a machine running Windows 7 Professional
> (64bit) and JDK 1.5.0_22.

Why not 6.0.33?