Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2001/07/18 20:21:14 UTC

side effect...

Hey Karl, remember that change we made last night to main.c?  The one
whereby the command-line client prints all errors to stderr instead of
stdout?

Well, it turns out that this causes all of the expected errors in the
XML tests to dump to the screen when we run `make check`.  No big
deal, but just thought I'd let you (and everyone else) know.  Maybe we
can suppress stderr in our `make check` rule.

[sussman@newt:~/projects/subversion]$ make check
Running all tests in stringtest...SUCCESS
Running all tests in hashdump-test...SUCCESS
Running all tests in path-test...SUCCESS
Running all tests in random-test...SUCCESS
Running all tests in svn-test.sh...
apr_error: #2, src_err 0 : <No such file or directory>
  Unable to remove file './A/D/H/omega'
SUCCESS
Running all tests in svn-test2.sh...
svn_error: #21034 : <Found a conflict in working copy>
  commit failed: while sending tree-delta to repos.

svn_error: #21034 : <Found a conflict in working copy>
  Aborting commit: '/usr/home/sussman/projects/subversion/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/xmltests/t1/A/D/G/pi' remains in conflict.

svn_error: #21034 : <Found a conflict in working copy>
  commit failed: while sending tree-delta to repos.

svn_error: #21034 : <Found a conflict in working copy>
  Aborting commit: '/usr/home/sussman/projects/subversion/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/xmltests/t1/A/D/G/pi' remains in conflict.
SUCCESS
Running all tests in target-test.sh...SUCCESS
Running all tests in run-fs-tests.sh...SUCCESS
Running all tests in run-repos-tests.sh...SUCCESS

Re: side effect...

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Branko =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=C8ibej?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> I think we should redirect stderr to the test log file, not just
> suppress it.

Better idea, yeah.  Done!

-K

Re: side effect...